In my mind, I.T. service provision is very poor. The mantras "if you don't like it, go somewhere else, but they will be worse than us" or "stick with who you know" have been sung for too long on this Island. I want to break the mold and make a change. To me the most important person is the client. They should be educated not talked down to and what we do as a company should be client centric and not "box" oriented.
I believe that to succeed an I.T. Firm should:
- Be solution, not product oriented
- Be value sensitive, not price sensitive
- Believe in the value of the work we do.
- Be prepared to stand up and be counted for our opinions.
- Be prepared to tell you when we think you are talking… erm… rubbish!!
- Believe in good processes (eg service plans, documentation etc)
I believe it's time to work with the client to achieve the goals, those goals being their growth because if they succeed we do as they will need our support more. A Symbioses not parasitic relationship is the only way for both parties to win.
Post a Comment